The Missouri Ethics Commission (MEC) receives reports and is charged with enforcement of: campaign finance, conflict of interest, lobbying and personal finance disclosures. The enforcement includes investigating complaints and auditing filed reports. The Commission also issues advisory opinions. Its mission is to serve the public interest by assisting and educating the citizens of Missouri, public officials, lobbyists, and individuals participating in public elections while consistently and uniformly enforcing campaign finance, conflict of interest and lobbying laws.
How does a candidate report his or her contributions and expenditures?
- Missouri Campaign Finance Disclosure Law, Chapter 130 RSMo provides information about disclosure reports required by law. You may wish to contact the Missouri Ethics Commission at (800) 392-8660, the Kansas City Election Board (816) 842-4820, or review the Missouri Revised Statutes to learn more about the law.
Click here to review the MEC's requirements for:
- Establishing a campaign committee
- Filing a personal financial disclosure statement
- Filing quarterly campaign finance reports
- Filing 8-day, 30-day, and 40-day reports
- Terminating a campaign committee
For more information on campaign finance and ethics, please visit the Missouri Ethics Commission at www.mec.mo.gov.
See the Forms/Applications section for commonly requested forms. Hard copies of these forms may be obtained from our offices at the Shops on Blue Parkway (4407 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., KCMO 64130).