Conducting an Election
- Election Services cannot conduct outside elections during KCEB normal election cycles (one month prior to through three weeks after an election).
- All machine rentals must be accompanied by KCEB staff. Event host is responsible for payment for staff time worked ($25/hour).
- Deposits must be received by KCEB two weeks prior to the election date.
- KCEB must receive all races and candidates at least five business days prior to the election date.
- ExpressVote/Ballot Marking Device requires one staff member for every four machines rented.
- Additional machines are required depending on the number of voters and hours of election.
- 1,500 voters or more should require two or more staffers.
- Two election systems offered:
- Express Vote/Ballot Marking Device (and Thermal paper)
- Express Vote/ Ballot Marking Device and/or the DS200
- Machine rental is $200 per machine
- DS200 printed ballots = $.50 each
- Thermal paper ballots = $.50 each
- Administrative fee is 2%
- Election Services fee is 5%
- Ballot preparation fee = $25/hour
- Factor in KCEB staff pay for at least two hours for setup and takedown/tabulation